PHP Classes

OSX El Capitan Download Issues

Recommend this page to a friend!

Zip Stream  >  All threads  >  OSX El Capitan Download Issues  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:OSX El Capitan Download Issues
Summary:Can't download zip files from any browser on El Capitan
Author:Christopher Dierker
Date:2016-06-15 18:53:35

1. OSX El Capitan Download Issues   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Christopher Dierker Christopher Dierker - 2016-06-15 18:53:35
Zip Stream works in every browser on Windows and Mac, but we have one user who needs to download a lot of these files, and no matter which browser he uses, it just keeps showing it's loading the script to download the zip file. Is this is a known issue related to the OS or do you have any thoughts on what could be causing the error?

2. Re: OSX El Capitan Download Issues   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Asbjorn Grandt Asbjorn Grandt - 2016-06-15 19:08:22 - In reply to message 1 from Christopher Dierker
This is the first I've heard of it.

Can the user download the files using wget from a terminal?

the command is simple:
wget <url>

3. Re: OSX El Capitan Download Issues   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Asbjorn Grandt Asbjorn Grandt - 2016-06-15 19:09:52 - In reply to message 1 from Christopher Dierker
By the way. Does he get anything, or is it just waiting perpetually?

4. Re: OSX El Capitan Download Issues   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Christopher Dierker Christopher Dierker - 2016-06-15 20:09:27 - In reply to message 3 from Asbjorn Grandt
It is just waiting perpetually. I haven't heard of this issue from any of my site's other users and the only difference that I can think of is the OS. Or perhaps some sort of browser security setting?

5. Re: OSX El Capitan Download Issues   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Asbjorn Grandt Asbjorn Grandt - 2016-06-15 20:25:39 - In reply to message 4 from Christopher Dierker
That all his browsers are affected would suggest a firewall issue.

6. Re: OSX El Capitan Download Issues   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Christopher Dierker Christopher Dierker - 2016-06-15 21:00:47 - In reply to message 5 from Asbjorn Grandt
OK thanks for your help. I'll look into that.