PHP Classes

Test Nibble forms 2

Recommend this page to a friend!

Nibble Forms 2  >  All threads  >  Test Nibble forms 2  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Test Nibble forms 2
Summary:Test Nibble forms 2
Author:Henri Vermeiren
Date:2013-01-23 12:58:36
Update:2013-01-28 08:52:56

1. Test Nibble forms 2   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Henri Vermeiren Henri Vermeiren - 2013-01-23 12:58:36
I downloaded this package.
Starting the "index.php" it immediately gives next error :

Fatal error: Class '\NibbleForms\Field\Text' not found in D:\wamp\www\nibble-forms-2-2013-01-22\NibbleForm.class.php on line 168

2. Re: Test Nibble forms 2   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Luke Rotherfield Luke Rotherfield - 2013-01-25 08:10:42 - In reply to message 1 from Henri Vermeiren
Hi Henri,

I have tried to replicate your issue and cannot seem to do it. I tested the download on my Linux machine and it ran out of the box first time, no fatal errors. I then booted up Windows 7 with WAMP and tested the download and it worked first time again. Just to confirm, the steps I took on Windows are:

Download the zip file
Extract contents to wamp/www/nibble-forms-2
Turn on WAMP
Open browser to http://localhost/nibble-forms-2

Could you let me know a bit more about your development environment, specifically what version of PHP you are running?

Kind Regards
Luke

3. Re: Test Nibble forms 2   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Henri Vermeiren Henri Vermeiren - 2013-01-26 12:01:19 - In reply to message 2 from Luke Rotherfield
Hello,

I did the same actions again, and had the same error.

I am using

- Windows 7
- Apache 2.2.11
- Php 5.3.0

Browser: Firefox 18.0.1

Regards,

Henri.

4. Re: Test Nibble forms 2   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Luke Rotherfield Luke Rotherfield - 2013-01-27 08:51:28 - In reply to message 3 from Henri Vermeiren
Hi Henri,

It seems that the require_once method is not being called on line 142 in your instance which means that your system does not think the text field file exists. I think that the only way to fix this is to find out what file path the system is trying to use and if it really does not exist.

Could you please add print_r($filepath); into line 141 so your code looks like:

$filepath = __DIR__ . '/' . implode('/', $namespace) . '.php';
print_r($filepath);
if(file_exists($filepath)){
require_once $filepath;
}

Could you then copy the string that is in $filepath so that I can see it.

Thanks

5. Re: Test Nibble forms 2   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Henri Vermeiren Henri Vermeiren - 2013-01-27 19:37:19 - In reply to message 4 from Luke Rotherfield
Hello Luke,
Inserting "print_r($filepath);" on line 141 gives next error:

D:\wamp\www\nibble-forms-2//NibbleForms/Field/Text.php
Fatal error: Class '\NibbleForms\Field\Text' not found in D:\wamp\www\nibble-forms-2\NibbleForm.class.php on line 169

I saw a double slash between "nibble-forms-2" and "NibbleForms".
So I changed code on line 140
from:$filepath = dirname(__FILE__) . '/' . implode('/', $namespace) . '.php';
to: $filepath = dirname(__FILE__) . implode('/', $namespace) . '.php';

Then I get next error:

D:\wamp\www\nibble-forms-2/NibbleForms/Field/Text.php
Fatal error: Class '\NibbleForms\Field\Text' not found in D:\wamp\www\nibble-forms-2\NibbleForm.class.php on line 169

I added a new map called "NibbleForm" to
get "D:\wamp\www\nibble-forms-2/NibbleForms"

and copied the map "Field" with its contents in this new map.(I have the map "Field" on 2 places.)

Next error appears:
D:\wamp\www\nibble-forms-2/NibbleForms/Field/Text.phpD:\wamp\www\nibble-forms-2Field/FormField.php
Fatal error: Class 'NibbleForms\Field\FormField' not found in D:\wamp\www\nibble-forms-2\NibbleForms\Field\Text.php on line 6

in "print_r($filepath);" I see twice the whole path behind each other.

At this moment I stopped.

Regards, Henri.

6. Re: Test Nibble forms 2   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Luke Rotherfield Luke Rotherfield - 2013-01-27 20:09:32 - In reply to message 5 from Henri Vermeiren
Hi Henri

Thanks for trying a few things. It seems that the code between 137 - 139 is not stripping the string "NibbleForms". I think this is because it gets an empty value in the first string of the array and thus I have updated the code so that it now checks for the string "NibbleForms" and empty string and removes it from the array.

Unfortunately I cannot replicate your issue so I cannot confirm if the changes have fixed it. If they have then the print_r statement you added should not show the string "NibbleForms", if it does then we are still in the same position.

Thanks again for trying it out

Luke

7. Re: Test Nibble forms 2   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Henri Vermeiren Henri Vermeiren - 2013-01-28 08:52:56 - In reply to message 6 from Luke Rotherfield
Hi Luke,

I downloaded the new code and started again.
I get a textfield, 2 email-fiels and some choice-possibilities.

So it seems working.

Many thanks for the support.

Henri.